Monday, May 13, 2013

The Silver Lining

 I'm at the end of my 2nd year of teaching and I think the one thing I've learned is I'm never done learning and growing.  I have discovered that I can accomplish more than I ever thought and I am starting to get better at asking for help.......something that this A type personality is not very good at :)  There have been moments where I thought I was going to be stretched beyond my capacity, moments where I thought the stress and anxiety were going to overwhelm me, and there have been one or two moments where life really did seem just too much to handle.  It was in those moments that the Lord showed me how loved I truly was by Him and the people He's placed in my life.  I have an amazing family and group of friends who really put feet and hands to their support and I can never thank them enough.

I have been privileged to watch an incredible group of students grow and mature and watch as they impress themselves.  That light in their eyes when they surprise themselves and really accomplish something they never thought possible, that's when I fall in love with my job all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment