Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Favorite Summer Things:


Fireflys, or Lightning Bugs as I grew up calling them, were one of the first signs that summer was officially here. I still get excited when I see one! 



I have some of the best memories of being a kid and sitting in my drive way with my brother and sister, eating Popsicles and talking.  I especially like making my own and experimenting with different flavors using fruit juices.  These look like fun to try to:  Grape,  Strawberry Short Cake and Fun Shaped!

If I could have had my way, I would have been barefoot from the time I could walk, but seeing as that is impossible, flip flops are the next best thing! (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shoes, but we'll save that for another post ;) It wouldn't be long before even these got kicked off, but to this day they still symbolize summer for me! These are some of my favorites. 
 
 
 As a child Summer also meant longer days and more hours to play outside.  I still love the extra hours but I also love the sunsets that I get to watch every night.  Living in a city, sometimes it's hard to really see them,  but every now and then we get one that just blows me away and reminds me how creative our Creator is.


And as any good southern girl does......
 I love my Sweet Tea :) 
 
 
What are some of your favorite summer memories? 


2 comments:

  1. working a camp. With you. :) Favorite. And quoting our favorite puppets. "There's a crack in the corner....I put a crayon in it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Favorite memories with my Favorite!

    ReplyDelete