Saturday, June 4, 2011

Face Lift

I thought it was time for a new look!  I'm not usually big about change.....in ANY part of my life.  Don't get me wrong, I can be very flexible and go-with-the-flow, but there are some routines I like to keep.  The first few semesters of school were difficult for me socially because I was never certain what my friend group would look like.  I loved college, but because your classes and schedules change, so does your friend group. So many times, just as I was getting close to or getting to know someone, semesters changed, holidays meant time apart and things changed. I did learn to appreciate meeting new people and the lesson of making good use of your time.This is especially true now as life has completely changed for me and I'm looking forward to my new "normal."  The Lord is constantly teaching me to just trust him.  I don't need to know exactly what's coming next, I just need to trust that my Heavenly Father has it all under control and it is in my best interest.

I've been reading a book called "Sons of Encouragement" by Francine Rivers.  The first two characters are Aaron and Caleb, both men of God who were faithful while wandering in the desert and waiting to see the Promised Land. So many times I am like the Israelites,God has shown me more than once how much he loves me and that he has a perfect plan for me, but I tend to complain and worry when things don't go exactly how I thing they should.  He's teaching me how to pay attention and be ready to go when He says it's time and ONLY when He says it's time.......Being stubborn makes this slow work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment